I've just received a post from someone in St. Augustine who has put up charts showing the area, plus anchoring possibilities and a beach where one can land the dinghy near the Vilano Bridge. Also, there is a new dinghy dock going in near the Publix.
I'll check this over further and update this post, but meanwhile, for your use, here's the site:St. Augustine Anchorager Page
I've moved this comment to the post, from the owner of the website above - That www.portofstaugustine.com
site is mine,I only published the site 2 weeks ago so it's still being
constantly revised and tweeked. We're still researching more places for
dinghy tie-up, and we'll post the info on our free anchoring page as
soon as we verify it.
And thank you too, Lambchops27 - this is the sort of information cruisers need. Please post to First Timers' Guide to the ICW as well, so more people get this great information.
- Anchoring Home Page
- 2011 Boat US Anchoring Information
- Public Hearings
- Upcoming Local Ordinances
- How Can I Stop This?
- Contact emails
- Letter to FWC
- Mooring Balls Not Safe...
- Mooring Contracts Invalidate Boat Insurance
- The FWC Comments...
- Derelict and At-Risk Vessels General Order
- Key West Citizen Editorial Page...
- Suggested Solutions
- Thoughts, letters, protests...
- News article in St. Augustine
- Boycott St. Augustine
- Cruiser friendly marina near St. A.
- Boat US Responds to St. Augustine
- Public Response
- Manatee Pocket a Victory
- Sarasota Pilot Program